Friday, March 26, 2010

Bonnie's Favorite (this week)


After looking over the list of my "classic" preschool books, I realized I have many favorites. Each week I will pick one to feature. This week's favorite is Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watts. I giggle every time I read it. Scaredy Squirrel is a squirrel who never leaves his nut tree because he's afraid of the unknown "out there." Then something unexpected happens that may just change his outlook. You must first read the fly page which warns the reader what he/she must do before reading the book. You will also want to read the other books in the series, Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach, Scaredy Squirrel at Night, and Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend. They can be found in the picture book "E" section of the library with the call number E WAT.

No comments: