Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New in Non-Fiction

Living Oprah: My One-Year Experiment to Walk the Walk of the Queen of Talk,
by Robyn Okrant

The title and description struck me, somehow, as not-so-serious; and the tone and the content supported that impression- but now that it's been 45 minutes since I finished it, I feel like this is a book almost every woman should read.

I know a lot of us read self-help books or watch shows that are supposed to motivate/inspire/uplift us- and much of the time we come away feeling like slackers. We get all this advice piled on us and it seems like- if we don't have a perfect life it is only because we are too lazy to take advantage of all the help these nice people have gone to so much trouble to offer us.

This book shows you what would happen if you really did follow every single piece of advice. After reading it, I bet you'll never beat yourself up again.

No comments: