Monday, April 5, 2010

My pregnancy: making it through the pre-& post-natal section...

My goal: to make it to D-Day (delivery), with as little pain and with as much knowledge as possible. And knowing that I will probably have to throw out all that learned knowledge to go with works best for us.

On December 21st I While looking through my planner, I realized something rather important was missing from my calendar.
And by December 22nd I was reading
  • What to Expect When Your Expecting 
  • Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth.
January 2 2010 I had finished Belly Laughs and was up to my progression week in What to Expect.

We also picked up;
  • My Boys Can Swim!: The Official Guy’s Guide to Pregnancy
  • The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-To-Be for my husband.  
Kevin and I decided that while we did like the funny yet practical side of Belly Laughs and My Boys, What to Expect, and Expectant Father are a much more in depth, more medical, technical (to us both good and bad traits) these are the books that we can use as are pregnancy "bibles" throughout our pregnancy, and they really are just that to us! With these two books, What to Expect, and Expectant Father, as our go-to book for answers BEFORE we call the Dr. to speak with a nurse, and have them call us back (sometimes a 24-48 hour process).

I'll try and keep up with this blog as we progress to D-Day, and if I find any other helpful books or tips for the other mothers and fathers to-be surfing the pre- & post-natal section of any library or book store, i'll post em'. I'm hoping to have a intense summer reading list to add to the library's list with real thoughts on going through pregnancy from someone going through it now.


Another blog we are following together, hoping to get other book suggestions from this blog, with great advise for soon to be mom's (and dad's):
  "i wish i had known that" for soon to be moms



If you have any questions or comments about this blog please feel free to contact Ceciilia Ralson, (281) 554-1110 or cecilia.martin@leaguecitylibrary.org 

No comments: